10.31.2012

Pumpkin Season

I almost missed the peak of pumpkin season. I have been planning for the end of year holidays for so long that October just flew by me. Luckily, a local high school where Baby 2 played water polo had their annual pumpkin patch athletics fundraiser. We were able to pick up quite a few gems.

Inspired by the gourd-geous fruit, I eeked out a few delightful projects.


Glazed Pumpkin Donuts - You can click through to the recipe from my Pinterest board here.



I think my friend, Margaret, had the same idea. She sent home some tasty, fresh baked pumpkin bread. So, I had to reciprocate with a Pumpkin thank you card. I didn't have much time to "craft", so I used one pumpkin stamp (masked for the second image) bought years ago at a stamp show, used Pearlescent watercolors and topped it all off with a sentiment from Papertrey Ink's "Glory Be" set. The second image shows the shimmer on the pumpkins.


And, this one isn't so pumpkiny, but I did use Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses in my Boo bags.
These bags were fun to make.

I lightly sprayed Easy-Tack over take out containers (1 side at a time) and lay a 4"x6" piece of sheer, netted fabric on top. Each fabric had a Halloween design on top (see photo).

Then I sprinkled Martha Stewart's fine Onyx glitter over the fabric and spread over the side of the container with my fingers so that the glitter adhered to the adhesive coming through the net of the fabric. When you peel off the fabric, the design comes through the areas where glitter didn't stick.

I highly suggest a paper covering over your desk area and a second sheet of paper to collect and re-purpose the glitter.



Well, I can't believe it, but another month has passed. I'm looking forward to several excuses to visit with friends and family and taste all kinds of goodies in the next 2 months. Happy Halloween!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |